This page may contain affiliate links. Please read this disclosure for more info.
I’m a big believer in having multiple streams of income no matter how much you make in your primary job. It provides many benefits in addition to having extra money. Working extra jobs or maintaining a side hustle has allowed me to pay off debt and achieve financial goals faster, learn new skills, meet new people, and keep my life interesting.
Here are some ways I’ve earned Extra Income:
- Sell stuff on Craigslist. Almost everyone has some extra stuff lying around that they no longer use. I’ve been able to sell tons of unwanted stuff on craigslist over the years.
- Become a Lyft/Uber driver. I wanted to see what being a rideshare driver was like, and they were offering decent bonuses to try it out. I still drive at a reduced capacity at night sometimes. This is a great side hustle because you can work whenever you want. Here are my referral links for Uber and Lyft. You can get a bonus for becoming a Lyft driver by clicking here.
Related: How Much Do Uber/Lyft Drivers Make?
- Start a blog. A blog is a great way to write about something you enjoy and even get paid for it. I recommend using Bluehost for your hosting needs as it is optimized for the WordPress platform. Use this link to get a discounted rate and a free domain. About a month into blogging, I moved my blog over from a wordpress.com blog to a self-hosted site using Bluehost, and it has been well worth it. They have great 24/7 customer service to help you with your move. You can use my tutorial on how to start a blog below.
- How to Start a Blog (tutorial)
- Get a real estate license. I became a realtor about 3 years ago, and it has been a blast. All it took was 60 hours of class and passing a test. Most of the work takes place on evenings and weekends, so it doesn’t have to interfere too much with your day job. I get to help people with an important purchase (or sale), and it is currently my biggest source of extra income. If you’re thinking about buying a house, make sure it’s the right decision for you.
Related blog post: Should You Rent Or Buy? Thoughts From a Realtor
- Sell stuff on eBay. I like Craigslist because you can sell stuff without any fees. However, I do sometimes sell stuff on eBay because it has a bigger market.